The O-Down On Orgasms
When the vibrator was first invented, it was used in the doctor’s office to treat a woman’s “hysteria”. Hysteria was generally another term for moody bitch, probably brought on by PMS. The irony is, that although this practice was extremely sexist, those women were getting exactly what they needed. A strong, satisfying orgasm. Orgasms should be revered for the marvels of creation that they are. Not only do they feel sensational whilst happening, the feeling you get afterwards and the overall health benefits are just stupendous! Some of these benefits are:
- Improves circulation to organs in the pelvic cavity, delivering nutrients, growing healthy tissues, and regulating your menstrual cycle. Women who have intercourse at least once a week are more likely to have normal menstrual cycles than women who are celibate or who have infrequent sex.
- Increases fertility and sense of wellness by energizing your hypothalamus gland, which regulates appetite, body temperature, emotions, and the pituitary gland, which in turn regulates the release of reproductive hormones that induce ovulation and cervical fluid.
- Provides overall lymphatic massage, helping your body’s natural detoxification process to improve digestion and mood and help prevent cancer.
- Promotes healthy oestrogen levels to keep vaginal tissues supple and protect against osteoporosis and heart disease.
- Induces deep relaxation by boosting endorphin levels and flushing cortisol (an inflammatory hormone released by the adrenal glands) out of the body.
- Spikes DHEA levels in the body. DHEA hormone improves brain function, balances the immune system, helps maintain and repair tissue, and promotes healthy skin.
- Helps you look younger—studies show making love three times a week in a stress-free relationship can make you look 10 years younger.
8. Boosts infection-fighting cells up to 20%–helps fight colds and flu!
- Cures migraines and helps treat other types of pain by elevating pain thresholds (a bonus when preparing for childbirth!)
- Increases levels of the hormone oxytocin, which is linked to passion, intuition, and social skills—the hormone of bonding and success!
So now we know why they’re good for you, so let’s check out the different types of orgasms you can have.
This orgasm is the most common and the most important of all the orgasms. The majority of women enjoy clitoral orgasms, and having a clitoral orgasm makes it easier to then have one of the other types of orgasm. So how do you do it? For those of you that don’t know, your clitoris is the small, nubby “pearl” on the inside of your vaginal lips, above the entrance to your vagina. Just like an aroused penis, the clitoris also becomes large and engorged when aroused. It has thousands upon thousands of nerve endings and is extremely sensitive. Some women can’t actually stimulate it directly, just touching around it is enough to get them flying.
But for the rest of us, start off with some gentle touching and caressing on other parts of the body. The neck. The nipples. The erogenous zones that make you shiver and give you goosebumps. You can use fingers, feathers, ice cubes or a small vibrator. Slowly work your way around your body until your clitoris is crying out to be rubbed. Then a few strokes up and down, a few more around and around, and your clit will be exploding through your head!
The G-Spot is not a myth. It does exist and it’s in the same place for every woman. That is – two thirds of the way up the vaginal canal, on the wall closest to your belly button. To find it, first make sure you are aroused. See Clitoral Orgasms above 😉 Then make a “come hither” motion with your fingers. You will feel the tissue is a bit rough. If you press on it a little bit, you may get the urge to pee as your bladder lies right behind it. Don’t pee! That’s just not sexy. Carry on rubbing and breathe through any intense feelings. If you can keep it going, your G-Spot orgasm will completely rock your world!
Now I’m sure you’ve heard of squirting. This can happen during a G-Spot orgasm (though won’t necessarily every time). It is completely natural, so don’t freak out. It’s not urine, it is a clear, fairly odourless fluid.
For more info, read The Guide To Discover Your G-Spot
Once you’ve mastered the Clitoral Orgasm and the G-Spot Orgasm, it’s time to put them together and have a blended orgasm. The blended orgasm is perhaps the most intense, pleasurable, satisfying orgasm you can have.
The easiest way to have one, is to get a toy that will stimulate your clit and G-Spot at the same time. Most rabbit vibrators will do this. You can also use the We Vibe, which has the added benefit of still allowing your partner’s penis to slide in behind, adding vaginal stimulation into the mix.
Anal sex is one of the most taboo topics. So naturally it is the most searched for term in my Google Adwords. Yes, it is possible to have an anal orgasm, but there are some important rules to follow when engaging in any kind of anal play. The first and most important is to always use lube. The anus is not self-lubricating, so it’s important to use a lubricant that won’t dry out. Try a silicone lube like Pjur Analyse Me Anal Comfort Glide
The anus, like the clitoris, has thousands upon thousands of nerve endings and is extremely sensitive, so take your time and do things slowly. For a woman, the way she achieves an anal orgasm is actually by indirectly stimulating her G-Spot through the thin membrane separating the vagina and the anus. This is also why “doggy-style” is such a great position for G-Spot stimulation. For guys, their prostate is in their anus and stimulation of the prostate can give him mind blowing orgasms, just like your G-Spot.
Now, it is very important to know, that at the point of orgasm, the anus sucks! So don’t use anything that does not have a long handle, or a flared base. You don’t want to be going off to the room afterwards to have a certain something removed.
As we learn more about the human body, more kinds of orgasms are being discovered, but I think I’ll leave it there for now. Just remember, that your orgasm will happen easier, when you are in the right frame of mind. So don’t just focus on the destination, enjoy the journey!