Do It Yourself
1. The good news: Guys, if you regularly "flush out" your pipes when you're over 50, it lowers your risk of prostate cancer, according to a Harvard Medical School study.
2. The bad news: While you're still under 50, frequent masturbation could be the result of a high sex drive, which may be linked to an increased risk of prostate cancer.
3. The University of Sydney found that masturbation leads to a lower chance of diabetes and insomnia. Maybe because you aren't eating candy during that time?
4. Careful, though. If you go at it too hard, you can fracture your own penis.
5. According to the National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior, 80 percent of males have masturbated by age 17, as opposed to 58 percent of females -- and those who do are more likely to have sex and use condoms.
6. By adulthood, those numbers rise to 92 percent of men and 62 percent of women.
7. During the Victorian era, many doctors believed masturbation was a disease -- and to stop themselves, they would wear a Jugum Penis. Behold the horror:
8. Seventy percent of married people admit to masturbating. For better and for worse.
9. According to a Kinsey Institute survey, 38 percent of people say they watch porn merely as a distraction, and 43 percent "because I can fantasize about things I would not necessarily want in real life."
10. Proponents of masturbation can't decide whether May 7 or May 28 is International Masturbation Day. Heck, why can't we just celebrate both days?
11. Fifty-three percent of women use toys when masturbating.
12. More than 7 million Fleshlights have been sold worldwide.
13. Every year, between 500 and 1,000 people die from autoerotic asphyxiation in the U.S. alone. Maybe have a spotter?
14. Apple nixed an app called "Happy Fun Time" that taught women how to masturbate through a cartoon vulva.